Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Learn To Sell And Lower Your Invisible-Self-Defenses

 source : http://www.flickr.com/photos/materialboy/

"We can all sell if we choose to, but for most people it is one of the most difficult
things to do because they afraid of loosing their self." - Robert Allen 

Based on our last sales mentor lesson, the first benefit from learning to sell is that it lowers our invisible-self-defenses.

I think most of us will agree that as people, we all have our own invisible walls. No matter how sociable we are, there will always be certain areas in our lives that we prefer to leave it a secret.

But for many, this invisible wall has far been too strong that it hides them from the real world. As a result, they prefer to hide their talents, their opinions, their knowledge, because they think that once they open that wall they will get hurt.

This "epidemic" is so common that many fail to consider the fact that rather than protecting ourselves, it has caused us many lost opportunities in our lives.

So my solution, start selling.

As I was growing in my sales career, I never realized it until now that because of my long experience in sales, I have become more confident. More specifically, on being a sales mentor, I have learned to evaluate myself more by observing the changes in my personality just by applying theories in selling.

I believe that this is one of the best benefits in learning how to sell. It makes you come out of your shell, and be more open to other opportunities and more importantly, being open to other people's opinions and beliefs.

So take it from me, learn to sell and lower your invisible-self-defenses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails